Computer screen with the Nuovo homepage

Nuovo theme update: actually ahead of schedule for a change

Well, that turned out better than I had planned. Earlier this week, I set my goal for the week to finish the home template and single post template. The home template was a bit of a challenge. I'm trying out some new things (or at least to me they're new) with the featured posts slideshow and had four areas for other posts to be shown on the homepage. The single post template actually was quite simple, though there are somethings with the meta data (i.e. the date, the author, tags, etc.) that I hope turn out the way I expect them too. But I got that done in two days.

Computer screen with the Nuovo homepage

Nuovo theme update: getting down to the tricky part

Two days in to getting down to business and so far it's been pretty smooth sailing. But then again, all I really got done was the header and footer templates, the CSS that goes along with that and some functions put into the function.php file. Now I get into the really fun stuff.

Computer screen with the Nuovo homepage

The start of what will be a very, very long process: building a WordPress theme

So I've finally decided that I'm going to tackle the beast. That beast just so happens to be creating a WordPress theme and successfully getting it into the WordPress Theme Directory. I have learned from prior experiences that that is no easy task, but I can also say that I've learned a lot since then and maybe this time around I will find more success.