JM Live Blog
Create quick and easy live blogs that keep your readers up to date on any breaking situation.
Live blogs are the essential tool for keeping readers up to date in any breaking news situation or sporting event. Using the power of AJAX, JM Live Blog allows you to add a live blog to any post with a simple shortcode to keep your readers in the know.
Tags: live blog, ajax, live updates, blog
Requires at least: 4.3
Tested up to: 4.8
Stable tag: 1.2
- In the WordPress Dashboard, go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and search for “JM Live Blog” and click install and activate, OR download the zip file of the plugin and go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and click “Upload Plugin” and upload the zip file.
- In the custom meta box below the visual editor, select the color scheme you would like and add the update title, time and content for each update. Clicking ‘Add Update’ will add a new update section. You can only enter one update at a time.
- To add the shortcode to the post, go to the top of the visual editor and click the button with the JM icon on the far right of the top row of buttons.
If you like this item, please consider giving a donation to support other WordPress themes and plugins like this. Thank you!
- Fixed: Issue with posts being duplicated when hitting “New Updates” button.
- Fixed: Titles with double quotes not showing up correctly.
- Fixed: Issue with first post not being loaded correctly.
- Fixed: Errors showing when all updates are deleted.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Added: Ability to customize the color of the “New Updates” alerts banner.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Fixed: Issue with the latest two updates having the same content after saving without adding a new field.
- Fixed: Issue with paragraph breaks not showing.
- Fixed: Issue with oembeds not showing as they should.
- Initial Release
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
Get In Contact
If you have a question, need to report a bug to be fixed or have a feature request for a future version, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
August 1, 2017
Displaying threaded comments with VueJS
Displaying comments in a threaded manner is challenging with the WP REST API. But here’s a simple way to do it with VueJS.Read This Post
July 24, 2017
Taking a new look at the top MLS expansion candidates
It’s been a while since MLS expansion candidates had to submit their bids. So with decisions looming later this year, where do things stand now?Read This Post
July 21, 2017
In defense of the way Gutenberg adds oEmbeds and Shortcodes
There’s much debate about the Gutenberg editor, especially around these custom blocks which will replace oEmbeds and shortcodes. But it’s not as bad as it might seem.Read This Post