- Update the block to use the block.json file and other new features.
- Refactor the entire plugin to use an object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Upped the lowest PHP version supported to 7.0.
- Tested to work with WordPress 5.7.1.
- Added Gutenberg block to show the breaking news banner in a post.
- Switched the CSS to use flexbox for better display of the banner.
- Added a Gulp process for better export of the plugin.
- Tested with WordPress 5.3.
- Changed to load internal posts to link over to the WP REST API to avoid fatal errors.
- Changed required WordPress version to 4.7.
- Added color options for the background of the body section and the text.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.8.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.7.
- Added: Breaking News shortcode to put a breaking news banner inside a post.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.6.
- Added: Breaking News widget that allows users to display the breaking news banner in the sidebar.
- Added: Translations for French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.5.
- Added option to change background color of “Breaking News” half of the banner.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.4
- Removed ‘http:’ from the functions to enqueue the Google fonts
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.3
- Fixed vertical margin for “Breaking News” text to even it out.
- Added a line-height of 1.2 for text on the right side to even it out.
- Added: Option for users to select whether the link will be internal or external.
- Added: A select option of posts for the user to select if it’s an internal link.
- Added: default value of 1 for the time limit.
- Added: wp_reset_query at the end of the jm_breaking_news function to keep the banner from interfering with the page query.
- Changed: the left side font to Oswald.
- Changed: the right side font to Lato.
- Changed: the left side background to #C42B2B.
- Changed: the right side background to #252525.
- Initial Release