Read More About
Allows users to add links in a story using a shortcode to provide addition reading…
Read More About allows users to add links in a story using a shortcode to provide addition reading material about a subject. Works great for large topics that can’t all be explained in one post.
Tags: related links, shortcodes, custom meta panel
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 4.8
Stable tag: 1.5
1. In the WordPress Dashboard, go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and search for “Read More About” and click install and activate.
2. To add related links for a post, go to the bottom post editor and click “Add Link” and fill out the fields for either an internal or external link.
3. To add the shortcode to the post, go to the top of the visual editor and click the button with the “RM” on the far right of the top row of buttons. To change the title of the related links section, fill out the title attribute. The float attribute accepts either left, right, center or none.
If you like this item, please consider giving a donation to support other WordPress themes and plugins like this. Thank you!
- Added a description field for each link for added background if need be.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Added a widget to show the additional links in the sidebar rather than in the post if the user wishes.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Removed styles for the ‘Read More About’ section header and article titles so that they match with the current theme.
- Fixed issue with translations not loading.
- Tested with WordPress 4.6.
- Allowed user to move around the order of the links.
- Added an option for a light or dark color scheme.
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.
- Removed ‘http:’ from wp_enqueue_scripts for Google fonts.
- Fixed error with no ending <div> tag in the read more section.
- Changed the style of the read more section. Background is now white with a slight box shadow.
- Fixed issue with internal link dropdown not showing initially in the editor screen.
- Initial release to the WordPress plugins repository.
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
Get In Contact
If you have a question, need to report a bug to be fixed or have a feature request for a future version, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
January 1, 2016
A new year and new WordPress resolutions for 2016
This past year was quite the success for me and developing in WordPress. I got my first theme, Nuovo, into the WordPress Theme Directory. That was followed a couple of months later by Giornalismo, and Fotographia has been submitted for review. I began developing WordPress Plugins, with a total of four in the directory now (although one is a functionality plugin for Giornalismo).Read This Post
August 7, 2015
Read More About plugin released this week
While waiting for Nuovo and Giornalismo to go through their respective theme reviews, I received a bit of good news this week from the plugin front.
Mere days after submitting it, the Read More About plugin was approved for the WordPress Plugin Directory, making it technically the third plugin I have in the directory, but just the second stand alone plugin (one is essentially a functionality plugin for Giornalismo).Read This Post