Fotographia is the perfect place to house your photo site. The theme is designed with photo stories and long-form stories in mind. It has great support for large, full-width photos to show off your photos in stunning detail. The theme is also responsive, so your readers can take your stories where ever they go with no effort from you.
Large Front Page Images
The front page is a great spot to show off your work and Fotographia does that for you. Display five posts in a full-width section that gives your readers a great glimpse into your work.
Social Media Links
Direct your readers to your social media sites. Fill out the links in the theme options part of the Customizer and the images for the specific social media sites will show up in the header.
Fotographia is designed with responsiveness in mind. Your site will look good whether it’s on a large desktop or on someone’s smart phone, and you won’t have to worry about.
Designed with photo stories in mind, Fotographia essentially requires large featured images, as regular images you include in your posts. It’s best to make sure that all images are at least 2000px wide and the recommended ratio is 2:1, although it’s not required. To get images in the posts to be the full-width of the screen, set the image alignment to ‘none.’
Users will be able to navigate between posts easily with previous and next post links at the bottom of each post.
Post Preview Slideshow
Readers will get to see the different photos included in each post when they hover over the story link in the home page or in one of the archive pages.
Add your branding to the site with a custom header. Upload the header in the Customizer. The largest the custom header can be in 200px by 50px.
Add your own flair to the background of your site with a custom background. The recommended practice is to use a solid color background, but a photo background works as well.
Single Post Template
You must log in to submit a review.
Tested up to: 5.8.1
Minimum WP Version: 4.8
Required PHP: 7.3
- Removed references to AMP functions.
- Tested with WordPress 5.8.1
- Redeveloped the theme using WP Rig as a starter theme.
- Tested with WordPress 5.8.
- Added a flip card effect to posts on the home, archive and index pages when they’re hovered over.
- Update to the latest version of Foundation.
- Centered the post title and meta data vertically on the single post and page template.
- Changed the style for blockquotes.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Changed the format for the date of posts to allow users to chose how the post date is formatted.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Added a dark color scheme option
- Tested with WordPress 4.6
- Changed the format of the homepage. The homepage slider was removed. Titles of posts now only show on hover. The top post section shows five posts now.
- Changed the format of the archive pages. Titles of posts now only show on hover.
- Updated to Foundation 6.
- Changed the single post paragraph font to Playfair Display.
- Removed height restriction for single post navigation.
- First release candidate of Fotographia