YouTube is a great place to upload your videos, but a not-so-great place if you want a customizable vlog. VideoPlace provides you with just that. This theme allows you the flexibility of being able to customize the look of your vlog, while keeping the look and feel of you videos similar to that of YouTube. Happy vlogging!
VideoPlace features great support for displaying your videos. Simply place the YouTube, Vimeo or other embedded video link into the post and VideoPlace puts it in all of the necessary places to give your videos the treatment they deserve.
VideoPlace supports one main menu displayed under the header that you can customize.
Put your mark on your website with a custom header. The maximum size for the header is 1000px by 250px but smaller headers will work with no issues.
Go further with customizing the look of your website with a custom background. For maximum readability, a solid, dark-ish color works best.
Your viewers will easily be able to go between posts with a related posts section below the comments, similar to that of YouTube. And the best part, you don’t have to do anything to make it happen.
Site Logo Support
Since WordPress 4.3, users have been able to add a site logo for their website. VideoPlace takes advantage of that by pulling that site logo, if you have one, and putting it in the footer. Go to Customize > Site Identity to upload your logo.
Two Footer Widgets Area
Also in the footer are two widget areas, perfectly set up for a custom menu and other widgets that you may want use.
VideoPlace extensively uses the excerpt feature of WordPress, which should act as a short description of the video. You can add an excerpt at the bottom of the post editor. If it’s not there, go to ‘Screen Options’ and make sure ‘Excerpt’ is selected.
Single Post Template
You must log in to submit a review.
Tested up to: 5.8.1
Minimum WP Version: 4.8
Required PHP: 7.0
- Fixed a styling issue with the post header for the single post template.
- Made sure the Font Awesome icons are displaying.
- Removed the custom site logo from the header and centered it in the footer.
- Fixed issues with jQuery and the flex-video file.
- Updated the description in the style.css file.
- Redeveloped the theme using WP Rig as a starter theme.
- Tested with WordPress 5.7.2.
- Added support to show a featured photo over the video on page load if the user wants to.
- Updated Foundation.
- Added support for image post formats.
- Added theme option to show the number of comments on a post on the home, index and archive pages.
- Added Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian translations.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.8.
- Added support for the video post format.
- Added a light theme option.
- Gave the user the ability to display the date of posts how they want to.
- Tested to work with WordPress 4.7.
- Initial release to the WordPress Theme Directory