While the base Easy Digital Downloads plugin is great, you’re probably going to want to add in a few extra add ons to give your store some extra functionality.
The good news is that there is an official EDD marketplace where you can find these add ons. Almost all of these extra plugins cost a good chunk of change, so you’ll want to only pick the ones that are needed for your store.
But they can help you control software licensing, take recurring payments, connect your store to marketing services like AWeber and Mailchimp and so much more.
To help you get started with your decision making, here are some of the add ons I recommend for your site.
- Software Licensing – If you are selling software like WordPress plugins and themes and want to add in licensing for that software so that only people who pay for it can use it, the Software Licensing plugin makes it really easy to set that up for your website. It takes care of creating license keys and managing them. And it even comes with support for one-click updates for your WordPress plugins and themes, though it does take some setup within those plugins and themes.
- Recurring Payments – If you are utilizing the Software Licensing add on or need to take recurring payments for a service you provide, like website care, the Recurring Payments add on is a must have. It makes it super easy to set up a product to have a subscription and for users to manage their subscriptions. And you can set up free trial periods and sign up fees as well.
- Amazon S3 – The one drawback with EDD is that you need to host the files for your digital products on your website. And if those files are big, it can be a drain on your website’s performance. But you can use the Amazon S3 add on to connect your site to your Amazon S3 account so that you can host your files there and people can download them from there. That means less strain on your website.
- Reviews – One of the best ways to convince people to buy your digital products is by customer reviews. The Reviews add on allows your customers to leave reviews for others. It’s super simple to set up so that you can display the best reviews on your product pages to help make the purchasing decision easier for potential customers.
- Stripe Pro Payment Gateway – While EDD comes with the Stripe payment gateway built in, the Stripe Pro Payment Gateway gives you the full potential of Stripe for your store. You won’t have to worry about the additional fees for each transaction, and it comes with subscription support, which you need for the Recurring Payments plugin. And you can keep users on your website during the checkout process. It’s a great way to make taking payments easy for you and your customers.
- Easy Digital Downloads Add Ons to add to your website
- Finding an Easy Digital Downloads Theme for your Website
- Taking payments on Easy Digital Downloads
- Creating a Download Product in Easy Digital Downloads
- Getting Started with Easy Digital Downloads