Fotographia is the perfect place to house your photo site. This theme is designed with photo stories and long-form stories in mind. It has great support for large, full-width photos…
Fotographia is the perfect place to house your photo site. Based off Foundation and the JointsWP theme is designed with photo stories and long-form stories in mind. It has great support for large, full-width photos to show off your photos in stunning detail. The theme is also responsive, so your readers can take your stories where ever they go with no effort from you.
Contributors: Jacob Martella
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 4.8
Stable tag: 1.5
Large Front Page Images
The front page is a great spot to show off your work and Fotographia does that for you. Display five posts in a full-width section that gives your readers a great glimpse into your work.
Social Media Links
Direct your readers to your social media sites. Fill out the links in the theme options part of the Customizer and the images for the specific social media sites will show up in the header.
Fotographia is designed with responsiveness in mind. Your site will look good whether it’s on a large desktop or on someone’s smart phone, and you won’t have to worry about.
Designed with photo stories in mind, Fotographia essentially requires large featured images, as regular images you include in your posts. It’s best to make sure that all images are at least 2000px wide and the recommended ratio is 2:1, although it’s not required. To get images in the posts to be the full-width of the screen, set the image alignment to ‘none.’
Users will be able to navigate between posts easily with previous and next post links at the bottom of each post.
Post Preview Slideshow
Readers will get to see the different photos included in each post when they hover over the story link in the home page or in one of the archive pages.
Add your branding to the site with a custom header. Upload the header in the Customizer. The largest the custom header can be in 200px by 50px.
Add your own flair to the background of your site with a custom background. The recommended practice is to use a solid color background, but a photo background works as well.
Via WordPress Admin
- From your sites admin, go to Themes > Install Themes.
- In the search box, type ‘Fotographia’ and press enter.
- Locate the entry for ‘Fotographia’ (there should be only one) and click the ‘Install’ link.
- When installation is finished, click the ‘Activate’ link.
- Download the file from the theme page.
- Unzip the file.
- Using an FTP client (I recommend FireZilla), upload the ‘fotographia’ file to your WordPress theme folder. Make sure the
- file you upload simply says ‘fotographia’ with no numbers after it. Otherwise, it won’t work.
- Go into your WordPress Admin, navigate to ‘Appearance > Themes’.
- Find the Fotographia listing on this page and click ‘Activate’.
Take a Look at Fotographia
Want to see how Fotographia works with actual content before deciding to download and use it on your own website? Click the link below to view the Fotographia theme demo.View Theme Demo
If you like this item, please consider giving a donation to support other WordPress themes and plugins like this. Thank you!
- Added a flip card effect to posts on the home, archive and index pages when they’re hovered over.
- Update to the latest version of Foundation.
- Centered the post title and meta data vertically on the single post and page template.
- Changed the style for blockquotes.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Changed the format for the date of posts to allow users to chose how the post date is formatted.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Added a dark color scheme option
- Tested with WordPress 4.6
- Changed the format of the homepage. The homepage slider was removed. Titles of posts now only show on hover. The top post section shows five posts now.
- Changed the format of the archive pages. Titles of posts now only show on hover.
- Updated to Foundation 6.
- Changed the single post paragraph font to Playfair Display.
- Removed height restriction for single post navigation.
- First release candidate of Fotographia
GNU General Public License
Except where otherwise noted, all photos in the screenshot are also licensed under the GNU General Public License. Copyright 2015 Jacob Martella
Social Media Icons License
All of the social media icons are licensed under the GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).
General Scripts License
All of the scripts used in this theme are licensed under the GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).
Cycle Script License
The jQuery Cycle plugin used in this theme was created by Mike Alsup and is dual licensed under the MIT and GPL licenses.
Liquid Slider License
Liquid Slider is licensed under the MIT license. http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
Lato-Light.ttf: Copyright (c) 2010-2011 by tyPoland Lukasz Dziedzic (email@example.com) with Reserved Font Name “Lato”. Licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
Lato-Regular.ttf: Copyright (c) 2010-2011 by tyPoland Lukasz Dziedzic (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Reserved Font Name “Lato”. Licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
Lato-Bold.ttf: Copyright (c) 2010-2011 by tyPoland Lukasz Dziedzic (email@example.com) with Reserved Font Name “Lato”. Licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
Oswald-Regular.ttf: Copyright (c) 2011-2012, Vernon Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org), with Reserved Font Names ‘Oswald’
Oswald-Bold.ttf: Copyright (c) 2011-2012, Vernon Adams (email@example.com), with Reserved Font Names ‘Oswald’
Cardo-Regular.ttf: Copyright (c) 2002-2011, David J. Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cardo-Italic.ttf: Copyright (c) 2002-2011, David J. Perry (email@example.com)
Cardo-Bold.ttf: Copyright (c) 2002-2011, David J. Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Foundation is licensed under the MIT license. http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
JointsWP is licensed under the GNU General Public License. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
Get In Contact
If you have a question, need to report a bug to be fixed or have a feature request for a future version, email me at email@example.com or fill out the form below.
January 1, 2016
A new year and new WordPress resolutions for 2016
This past year was quite the success for me and developing in WordPress. I got my first theme, Nuovo, into the WordPress Theme Directory. That was followed a couple of months later by Giornalismo, and Fotographia has been submitted for review. I began developing WordPress Plugins, with a total of four in the directory now (although one is a functionality plugin for Giornalismo).Read This Post
October 23, 2015
Getting set to submit Fotographia
So this is it. After a couple of months of work, I’m just about ready to submit Fotographia to the WordPress Theme Directory for review.Read This Post
October 16, 2015
Nearing the end for Fotographia and good news with Giornalismo
It’s been a busy and fun last couple of weeks of web development for me.
Last week, Giornalismo was accepted into the WordPress Theme Directory and with it comes the end of just over a year’s worth of work on the theme. That has also led to really good development with Fotographia.Read This Post