Finally getting to see it all come together

If seeing is believing, then I more than believe that I struggle at building themes perfectly in the initial coding aspect.

Last week, I finally finished coding the biggest part of Giornalismo and decided to give it a bit of test run. Sure, not all of the features I’m looking to run with the theme have been added, but this would give me a bit of an idea of what was working so far and what wasn’t. And as usual, once I waded through all of the different PHP errors that I had, I found that I had a lot more work to do.

Now, that didn’t really come as much a surprise to me. That always seems to happen. Nothing really works or looks the way that I want it to when I first put it up on the localhost server. Things are all over the place. There are HTML and CSS errors that I managed to miss. And things that I thought would work, didn’t.

But now begins the fun and long process of getting the theme to look the way I want it to. I should have taken a screenshot of what it looked like when I initially viewed it a week ago, because I have knocked out a good portion of the errors and things are starting to look closer to what I had envisioned with the mock ups that I had created.

So with that in mind, I’ll continue for the next week or so to fix the CSS and other issues to get things looking more and more like what I planned for.