So I’ve finally decided that I’m going to tackle the beast. That beast just so happens to be creating a WordPress theme and successfully getting it into the WordPress Theme Directory. I have learned from prior experiences that that is no easy task, but I can also say that I’ve learned a lot since then…
Roughly two months or so after I kind of got started on developing a WordPress theme for the WordPress theme directory, I’m ready to get serious about starting to create this theme thanks to the final hurdle cleared to begin the build.
Two days in to getting down to business and so far it’s been pretty smooth sailing. But then again, all I really got done was the header and footer templates, the CSS that goes along with that and some functions put into the function.php file. Now I get into the really fun stuff.
Well, that turned out better than I had planned. Earlier this week, I set my goal for the week to finish the home template and single post template. The home template was a bit of a challenge. I’m trying out some new things (or at least to me they’re new) with the featured posts slideshow…
Things were going to easy not to run into a major issue with the build. After taking less than a week to build the theme from the ground up, it could take a month or so to debug it and make it the way I had envisioned it.
Wow. What a difference a week makes. After feeling like nothing was going right with the testing of the theme over the weekend, this past week has been a huge success in getting things the way they need to be with the theme.
So I didn’t get much done this weekend on the theme as I had hoped. A busy schedule and the task of taking down and putting away the Christmas decorations hindered my attempts to hammer out a lot of things that need changing. But I did manage to get a lot changed on the home…
College life is hard, eh? Between the getting ready for class, making sure you have everything on the course’s syllabus and doing homework and whatnot, some extra stuff kind of gets forgotten. Case in point, the Nuovo theme
So it’s been a while. Actually that’s an understatement. It’s been about two months since I last touched the Nuovo theme, mostly because this semester has been killer. But now that I feel like I’ve been able to get a handle on the semester, I’m looking to getting back into the saddle with theme.
So on the one hand, I actually managed to complete the one task that I had set out to do a while back: rewrite the theme options page so that I had better control over the formatting of the page and to be able to add check boxes to the form.